Friday, March 31, 2006
B turns 2!

My baby is TWO today!!! Yay! I swear, time really does go faster as you get older. Or maybe just once you are a parent. I really can't fathom how my newborn turned into the toddler overnight. Or at least it feels like overnight. So how about recapping B's life story? Ok!

Dh and I won a trip for 4 days to see the X-Games in L.A. Not overly exotic since we were living in Orange County, but hey, it was free. And we got to stay at Le Marigot . Anyhow, it was open bar everynight and I just couldn't hang. My Cosmo was too strong, I wasn't in the mood for beer etc. Then I got the mother of all colds. I thought I was dying LOL I ended going home to our then 3 year old and sending DH's brother in my place. 2 weeks later I still feel like I could croak. So I say to DH either I'm pregnant or terminal. I go buy a HPT and low and behold... it's POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!

A week later we have a miscarriage scare. I am shuttled to 2 different docs for ultrasounds, too early to see anything with both. They send me to another doc for bloodwork. I come in 2 days later for more bloodwork, point being that my HCG levels should double or triple in 2 days based on my LMP. The nurse calls me and says it's not good news. The levels hadn't even doubled. I need to come back in ASAP for another U/S.

I spend that night in tears, positive that this baby DH and I have been wanting for 19 months (TTC) is not meant to be.

I go into the U/S and of course the tech turns the screen away from me and doesn't say ANYTHING. Just pokes around and makes notes. She leaves and I get dressed.

She comes back in a few minutes later with pictures of my perfectly healthy baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well fetus anyhow LOL With a good strong heartbeat. Turns out I was more like 9 weeks rather then the 6 weeks I had told them. Oops. Apparently that changes the HCG level scale.

My 14 week U/S shows the baby in there spinning. Literally doing somersaults. But healthy.

I go on to have a fairly uncomplicated pregnancy.

March 31, 2004 at 2:53 p.m. B makes his entrance into the world at 6lbs 9 oz and 18 inches long. He is 2 weeks early but doing great.

Cut to today. A beautiful, energetic, smart, awesome toddler. Spirited. That's the PC term for a kid who misbehaves right? He means well but is so stubborn.

I wouldn't trade him for the world. :o)

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Happy Birthday, B!

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! Raegan says "happy dirtday to youuuuuuu...."

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG