Monday, December 25, 2006
Just keep truckin on
So DH has 2 part time jobs starting tomorrow. This is a just for now deal until he gets a final offer from the place we are hoping for. It seems that I can officially label 2006 as the most hectic year of my life. You know what though? I can also say that I'm ok with that. I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It has been incredibly trying, that's true. But it has also been eye opening.

On to Christmas! The boys made out nicely. I must say that my favorite gift this year was by far from my favorite Garden hoes. And not just because it's a great gift. (It is.) Because it is so perfect for me. It does make me giggle to think that 3 women I have never physically met know me SO WELL. I suppose hours of IM's, thousands of message board posts and countless phone calls will lead to that, but still. Even if it had been a tube of lip gloss I would still have been so touched. It feels good to know I am on someone's mind. I love the three of you. I really do. I could love you no more if we were friends IRL. It is my feverent wish to be able to tell you that in person some day! To give you each a hug and just shoot the breeze for a while.

Someday, right?

I will add one thing though, totally off subject. Simply because I need to get it off my chest. Today was very hard. I missed my family. I do not know what God's plan for me is, and that's ok. I just prayed tonight for peace. And patience. I need to slow down and realize that I'm part of a bigger picture here. Why am I here? What can I learn? And what is God trying to tell me? I will never know until I stop, take a deep breath, and just listen. I am a planner, kwim? I need to know what the game plan so I can go go go. Get it done. So of course there is a lesson here. Let go and let God.

I am sincerely trying. It's much harder then it sounds, especially for a control freak like me. LOL

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

And because I happen to like it, Psalm 46:

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Night!


1 Comments:

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

I love you!

CK

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG