Friday, October 27, 2006
Michael
Is 6 1/2 years old, right? Not 16, not 26, hell not even double digits. But just TRY telling him that. Ever since he started first grade, found friends on our street and started taking the bus to and from school.. well he thinks he is the baddest mo-fo in Seattle. Starting Monday of this week he was no longer allowed to play his Gameboy with his friends on the front porch. Why? Because not once, not twice, but THREE times I walked outside to check on him and found him halfway up the block, chasing his buddies. After he was given specific instructions to STAY ON THE PORCH. So now he has gotten that privledge revoked. He struts around here telling me what he is going to do...

Michael: I'm going to paint my dragons now.

Me: No, Michael. Please wait until tomorrow so Dad can take Benjamin outside or something where he won't bother you.

Michael: *huge sigh* Oh Mom, I told you IT'S FINE. I'll lay some newspaper down and it will be ok.

Me: Um, no. I said wait.

Michael: It's not that big of a deal MOM. It'll be ok!!! *exasperation dripping from every word*

You will note now that the box of dragons remains unopened on top of the fridge, waiting for paint. And the child in question remains in his closet, waiting for food. Just kidding. Kinda.

He invites his friends in, serves them our food, takes them into my bedroom for tours. Lets them borrow his Gameboy. (I nipped that in the bud)

Sweet jiminy, what am I in for when he really is a teenager???????


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG