Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Old friends new friends, pink friends blue friends
Repost from my MySpace blog, but I'm opening it up for comments here. I know you won't know anyone who I'm talking about but I want your opinions nonetheless....

So if you really want to know what happened to me that made me disappear the last time, I'll you this much: My husband got super pissed over a friend on my list that he felt was inappropriate. Was he right? Probably. We are married and I knew this person would bother him. Did I behave inappropriately? No, I would say not. But anyhow.

This then turned from one person in particular to an interrogation on ALL my male friends. Which leads me to this question. What is the difference between girl friends and boy friends? And why should I be forced to give up contact with people who were a part of my life at one time or another just because of their gender?

Aaron, my gosh we spent 4 years together everyday and had some amazing experiences together. You were my support sometimes and other times just there to laugh with me. I value that even now.

David; we were not friends, although we've known each other since middle school. What I find interesting is how I never managed to cross your path, even though we share some really similar interests, some not so similar but I think you are a cool enough guy.

And Josh. Well, what can I say? You have had a direct impact on my life throughout middle and high school. I can thank you for introducing me to James Taylor and for giving me the memory of you dancing with a laundry basket on your head to my Bob Marley music when you though I wasn't looking. I was. LMAO

So with that being said, what makes you guys any different from my girlfriends? You are part of who I am today in some capacity.
I ask myself if I would feel the same way about him, if he had girl friends? Well I don't know. He doesn't. AT ALL. He doesn't talk about other girls, friends or otherwise. It's as though he was in a basement until he met me, ok so not really. In the beginning of our relationship he told me a little here and there so I know he had plenty of other girls before me. But none that he kept in contact with. If he were to pop off now with a friend, I might be concerned since it's not in his character.

But at least 2 of you I mentioned above have been around before him and throughout our relationship.
I guess my point is that I don't think I should have to give you up. It's not like I'm out making new male friends. You have been there forever.
If you have made it through this long-winded blog post, thank you. You are a saint...


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a tough one Lisa. Could part of it be the awful reputation Myspace has? I know I don't have a myspace thing because I was under the impression it was mostly folks looking to hook up. If he's under that same impression that could be adding to the problem.

(((hugs)))

Blogger OCMama said...

I guess it could Nita, but I have mostly girls as friends and the 3 guy friends that are on there are friends from wayyyyy back in the day. And we aren't saying much more then "how's life?"

Blogger Jules said...

That is a tough one. I have to say that if a particular person bothered my dh that much, justified or not, I'd end up letting that relationship go. For me, it's just not worth it.

If it's just an online "how ya doing?" kinda thing, my guess would be there's something more bothering your dh. My unsolicited, free psychoanalysis for the day, LOL.

I'm sorry it's causing such conflict for you. I hope it works out soon! (((hugs)))

Blogger erika said...

Gosh that is tough... if these are people who have been around forever, I assume your DH knows them? If he does, then I don't see the problem. If he doesn't know them, then I guess I could see why he might think it's strange you have these guy friends forever that he's never met. At any rate, I don't think you've done anything wrong, but you need to find out from DH what is at the root of the issue. (hugs)

Blogger CrunchyCon said...

(((HUGS)))

Sorry you have to deal with this.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG